| Hey guys!
Today my mom is going over her friend Esperenza's house for a book club. She has a daughter my age named Marisol, so guess who has to go too? I guess it'll be cool to have a friend my age right up the block from me, but she is super shy. like, the kind of shy that means I-don't-want-to-speak-to-anyone-for-the-rest-of-my-life. Yep, she'll be a pain. Oops! I forgot, my mom told me to be careful what I say on my blog. Let me tell you the story:
I was just sitting in my room, watching React to That! when I heard mom mention something about my blog. So, of course, I had to pause the show and run in to see what was going on. Turns out, mom was on the phone. "I'm sorry Mrs. Deparoza, I'll hate to talk to her. she means no harm to Sal!" Sal read my entry about our argument and how much I hate him! Yikes! I heard faint yelling coming from the phone, so I guess Mrs. Deparoza is a worry-wart. Sal, if you are reading this, I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS! Yeah, I torment people when I'm angry, back off!
Anyways, about the book club; I'm making an elegant cheese and fruit platter for the women at the club. They're going to love it! I'll put the full recipe I used down below if you want to try it for your book club! Enjoy!
- 1 block (8 oz) white Cheddar cheese
- 1 wedge (8 oz) blue cheese (such as Stilton or Gorgonzola)
- 1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
- 1 large crisp red eating apple, sliced
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, halved
- 3/4 lb seedless green grapes, cut into small clusters
- 3/4 lb seedless red grapes, cut into small clusters
- 1 package (7 oz) dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or sweetened dried cranberries
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired
Step 1. on large serving platter, arrange cheese in center. cover; let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
Step 2. Arrange fresh fruit in groups around cheeses. Sprinkle dried apricots and cherries over cheeses and fruit. tuck rosemary sprigs among fruit.
Step 3. To serve, provide cheese planes for harder cheeses and cheese spreaders for soft cheeses. If desired, serve cheeses and fruit with crackers.
- Annie <3